Living across the street from the sea means that my yard is pretty sandy. I noticed a couple of holes and asked a friend what manner of critter lived there. He said that they were crab holes and recommended that I try to see them after dark. I took my flashlight out and behold! It was a whole crab colony!
 |
| I have named this Charleston |
|
|
 |
| One of Charleston's residents |
I often go out in the evening to visit the residents of Charleston as they sit on their front porches. Unfortunately, they do not feel the same affection for me as I do for them. I walked into the alley one evening and a crab was walking sideways facing me. I said "Well, hello friend!" He slowly turned around and continued on his way with his back to me. Sigh. Oh well.
Not gonna lie, Charleston looks like a creepy, swampy, dark place. You might be better off not making friends there ;o)
ReplyDelete