Not all critters here are so likeable. My first experience with this was on the first floor of my house. It is only used for storage and my dryer due to its tendency to flood during the rainy season (which we are currently in). I walked in and we saw a scorpion. It wasn't moving. Brennan poked it with a stick and the scorpion started running. I stomped on it and swept him outside. Not too big a deal, but I figured I didn't want one of them in my house, even if it is the part I don't live in.
Then, as I was getting into the shower one morning I heard Deirdre squeal. Didn't think much of it but when I got out of the shower, the kids informed me that there was a scorpion in the sink! I will admit that I was vocal about my distaste, especially as I was attempting to trap it. Brennan said "Mom, you are freaking out worse than Deirdre!" I said, "Well, yeah. Deirdre just sees the scorpion and knows I will deal with it. I actually have to figure out how to deal with it!"
The scorpion was stuck in the sink, so I went to get dressed and figure out what to do with it. Another squeal from Deirdre "The only thing worse than a scorpion in the sink is not being able to locate said scorpion!" We found him (still in the sink), I trapped him, and we were running late. Instead of just leaving him there trapped, I executed him with the bottom of a glass. I figured it would be cruel to have him sit in the glass all day only to be executed when I return. No trial, no jury, just execution. I'm almost considering hanging a carcass as a warning...but then again maybe I need to just find a way to be more gracious to said beasties.
Then, as I was getting into the shower one morning I heard Deirdre squeal. Didn't think much of it but when I got out of the shower, the kids informed me that there was a scorpion in the sink! I will admit that I was vocal about my distaste, especially as I was attempting to trap it. Brennan said "Mom, you are freaking out worse than Deirdre!" I said, "Well, yeah. Deirdre just sees the scorpion and knows I will deal with it. I actually have to figure out how to deal with it!"
The scorpion was stuck in the sink, so I went to get dressed and figure out what to do with it. Another squeal from Deirdre "The only thing worse than a scorpion in the sink is not being able to locate said scorpion!" We found him (still in the sink), I trapped him, and we were running late. Instead of just leaving him there trapped, I executed him with the bottom of a glass. I figured it would be cruel to have him sit in the glass all day only to be executed when I return. No trial, no jury, just execution. I'm almost considering hanging a carcass as a warning...but then again maybe I need to just find a way to be more gracious to said beasties.
| Scorpion pose - maybe I'll get perspective? |
That pose is awesome/impressive!! The scorpions...ughhhhh.
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!
ReplyDelete