Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Welcome!

American poet Mary Oliver demanded "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" I remind myself often to think of life in this way. Right now, I am blessed to be doing something with my one wild and precious life that I love deeply and want to share. I have never blogged, but I have found myself unable to keep in touch with everyone I would like to. This blog is my answer to that.
Just over one month ago, I packed my belongings into a storage unit and moved with my children, Deirdre and Brennan, to southern Belize to serve at Hillside Health Care International - a small NGO clinic that provides primary health care to the residents of the Toledo district free of charge. I have loved my job from the very first day, but other logistics of living abroad have been weighing us down. Where should the kids go to school? Where can I find skim milk? Who will fix my vehicle if it should need it (it already has!)? There have been many challenges and triumphs already - some of these I have shared with some of you and I ask that you forgive me for repetition in these first few posts.
Welcome to our wild and precious life!

No comments:

Post a Comment