Thursday, November 27, 2014

Gratitude

I am lucky enough to see the sunrise most mornings and there is just something about water...staring out at it has such a calming effect. I will often see some pelicans and maybe a fish or two. Yesterday, I saw a fin pop above the surface. Surely that can't be right, I thought. Then, I could see the whole dolphin! I ran in to wake the kids and we stood on our porch/at the window watching a group (pod?) of dolphins frolic in our front yard.
I am grateful every day for being able to do the work that I love in a place that is magical. Sometimes things are hard, though, and Deirdre's response to that has been to try to think of one thing to be thankful for every day.
I am thankful every day for my amazing and wonderful family. I am honored to be part of such an amazing crew of humans who are bettering life on this planet - each in a different way. I know that I couldn't do what I do or be where I am if I didn't have them behind me.
I am thankful for my colleagues at work - the permanent staff, the short termers, the long termers, the board - everyone is working together to better the health of people in the Toledo district. The permanent Belizean staff are an exceptional crew who are the real engine of Hillside. I am grateful for their tolerance of my learning on a daily, even hourly, basis.
I am thankful for friends who I have grown with throughout the years and new friends that come into my life.
I just want everyone to know that I am thankful for YOU! Enjoy today and all of the special moments within. Hug each other for me!
Sending lots of light and love...
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment