I was chatting with someone back in the states and telling them how excited the kids were to be going to their dad's house for Christmas. He said, "Yeah, being back on American soil, normal life...I mean, um, I'm sure life is normal there, but...um." I interjected "It's okay. I KNOW that life here is NOT normal and they are looking forward to it!"
I'm glad I don't live a 'normal' life. It's more fun this way. It does have its challenges, though.
I bought a cereal last week that was a Mexican version of something like Cocoa Puffs for a treat. We got it home and I decided to have a bowl of it...with shelf milk. It had both the consistency and taste of cardboard. Wasted money.
Then, I was at the grocery store and saw branded Froot Loops. Being that the national bird here is a toucan, I thought "Perfect! Toucan Sam and REAL Froot Loops! What a great treat!" I brought it home and excitedly told the kids that I found REAL cereal. Brennan took one look at it and said "Mom. It's not real Froot Loops - it's in Spanish! It's Mexican Froot Loops!" Oops. The box has not yet been opened. Here's hoping it tastes like an American treat!
I'm glad I don't live a 'normal' life. It's more fun this way. It does have its challenges, though.
I bought a cereal last week that was a Mexican version of something like Cocoa Puffs for a treat. We got it home and I decided to have a bowl of it...with shelf milk. It had both the consistency and taste of cardboard. Wasted money.
No comments:
Post a Comment